Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday's Technique, Tool, or Tutorial...


Today it's a Technique using a Tool!

Are you completely confused yet??? Well today I'm going to share a technique with you called "Paper Pleating".

I joined a card swap in January and these two cards are ones that I received back. Both have a technique that is becoming popular with paper crafters. It is called "Paper Pleating" and I'm going to give a tutorial on it below.



CARD BY: Diane Harman















CARD BY: Amanda Harbison (one of my South West Demonstrator Team Members!)




Paper Pleating is very easy and not time consuming at all - so let's get started.



Start with a Border Punch of your choice and a I'm using a strip of CS 1"x11". This is the perfect size to go around the Large Oval Punch. If you wanted to use something larger...just piece smaller pieces together.

Punch out your strip with your Border Punch.


Run it through your crimper.



I ran it through (3) times. What this does is it breaks down the paper fibers in the CS, and makes it workable.

On the backside of your piec, put a strip of Red Sticky Tape.


Start by placing one end on your cut out piece. Work it around creating small pleats in the paper as you work it around your punched out image.


NOTE: If you were not using a cut out or punched out image and you want to use it directly on a card...do the same thing creating small pleats going straight across your card.

Then you will end up with something similair to these cards. I used the Vintage Vogue Set and Coordinating Wheel. I hope you'll try this technique on one of your projects soon!

HAPPY CREATING - Kendra

0 comments: