Wednesday, February 25, 2009

February Club Demonstration Ideas



These were the 3x3 cards I made for each of my Card & Project Club gals. I used the SAB DS Paper - Delicate Dots, the SAB Set - Polka Dot Punches, and the new Eyelet Border Punch.







For my Scrapbook Club gal's I wrapped individual boxes of Conversation Hearts for each of them.





This card that I demonstrated was based on a card I received in a swap from a very talented demonstrator & my friend, Sue Brown. I loved her card, I just switched a couple of items to make it my own




This card is using the SAB DS Paper - Delicate Dots again. But I showed the ladies in all my groups this month how to take the Round Tab Punch and punch it one direction, then turn your paper and punch it the other direction...creating a round circle large enough to be the opening for our Round Scallop Punch.




Okay this card was so fun to make! I started with a regular envelope (that would fit a card 4 1/4 x 5 1/2) I sealed the envelope, cut 2 inches off one end. Stamp the larger portion of the envelope and then I ran it thru the crimper making it smaller so that it would fit up inside the 2 inch part of the envelope that you cut of.


I then made a card for the inside and attached the card to the 2 inch piece of the envelope (just use an exacto knife/hobby blade to make a small slit in the top of the envelope just big enough to get your ribbon thru and then tie your ribbon in a knot so that the card is attached to the 2 inch envelope piece). Then stamp, decorate, and embellish how you would like. For this one I used the Cheep Talk Stamp Set from the catalog - I LOVE THIS SET! This would also make a gfreat gift card holder. Just use the slit punch and instead of leaving a blank spot on the inside of the card for writing, put a gift card instead.


This was a page I demonstrated at all my groups this month. I fell in love right away with this Fifth Avenue Florals Set. I started with showing my groups how to make an 8x8 page. Sometimes scrapbooking can be overwhelming...when it gets this way for you, just start with a small idea and build on it. I took the 8x8 page and turned it into a 12x12 by just adding a few more things. I also added a tag that would serve as a journaling card for the picture on this page, and it just tucks behind the 8x8 page. So remember...start with a small idea and build on it!



This page was demonstrated at the Scrapbook Club. I used once again the SAB DS Paper - Delicate Dots, the SAB Set - Polka Dot Punches, and the new Eyelet Border Punch.





And finally for the Scrapbook Club Make-N-Take... I used many shades of green & chocalate chip cardstock. I used the SAB set - Polka Dot Punches (I used the heart to create the shamrock). We also used the Celebrate Everything Set. The date stamp we used is a Non- SU! item that I found at Walmart.

0 comments: