Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Saturday Share...

So I'm sitting here ...it's Thursday, and can't wait for tomorrow and Saturday to get here. I will be enjoying some camping and fishing with my wonderful husband and son, cool mountain breezes, and enjoying the pines and different shades of green since we don't get a lot of green here in Tucson. So I thought I'd plan ahead and have a post ready for you on Saturday. There are only (8) more day's until Mother's Day and we should be thinking about getting our cards in the mail in the next couple of days. So if you haven't already made one...here's an idea for you. It just screams "Spring" and "Mother's Day"! You can view pictures of different flower pot cards HERE on Splitcoast Stampers to give you inspiration.


My inspiration came from a talented stamper I came accross when Iwas blog surfing. Her name is Laura Albertson and you can view her blog HERE.
The pot is created using Close to Cocoa CS. Cut your CS 3 1/2" x 9". Score it at 2" & 5 1/2". Fold the 2" section towards you and the 5 1/2" section, away from you. Scallop the edge your 2" section for the rim of your pot. Distress/age it with ink. You will also have to trim the sides of your pot to make it look more realistic.
For your pull out card section cut your Close to Cocoa CS - 2 1/2" x 4 1/2". Cut your White CS - 2 1/4" x 4 1/4". Layer them with adhesive. I also put a piece of 5/8" Vanilla Grosgrain across the front of the pot and punched a Scallop Oval out of Cetainly Celery CS. I stamped my sentiment on Very Vanilla and punched out with the Large Oval Punch.
To create the flowers, I used the Flower Fancy set. Laura used the Garden Greeting set and stamped & cut (1) image of each of the flower stamps. I stamped & cut out (2) of the large opened image flower, and (1) of the small opened image flower. (The reason I say "open imaged" is because the set I'm using is a Two-Step Stamp set. I wanted to use the open images rather than the shadow stamps). After you have them cut out, sponge around all the edges matching inks to your CS. The trick to your flowers coming to life is this: On the top layer of the large flowers, you have to make cuts a little deeper than the stamped image shows. This way you can really move your petals around. Carefully use your bone folder or finger to create the 3-d effect. I also put a small half pearl from the Pretties Kit in the center of each flower and adhered them with mini glue dots. To attach your flowers to your pull out insert...put your insert into your pot and then use dimensional on the backs of your flowers. You will have to overlap them slightly to get them on. Then you have a beautiful flower pot to share with someone wonderful!
HAPPY STAMPING,
KENDRA

0 comments: