Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Color Throw Down Challenge Card


I used two sets this week to complete my Color Throw Down Card.
1) Crazy For Cupcakes - pg. 68 $23.95 (Balloon)
2) Party Hearty - pg. 69 $26.95 (Sentiment)
I used the Scallop Circle Punch - pg. 186 $15.95
and also the 1" & 3/4" Circle Punches. They can also be found on pg. 186 and both are $10.95. I stamped the balloons on my Whisper White CS, then I stamped them on Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, and Kiwi Kiss. I cut them out and mounted them with adhesive onto the card (I also added some Craft Whisper White Ink with a Blender Pen to give a shadow effect on each of the balloons). I then stamped in Black StazOn the sentiment and punched it out. I punched the other circles and adhered them to each other. Then I sponged around the card in Tempting Turquoise, and added a ribbon in the same color. Lastly I added my sentiment with Dimensionals. I hope you enjoy this idea. Just a side note...you can also stamp your balloons onto DSP and then cut them out. This will give your balloons some pattern/design.
CHECK OUT MORE COLOR THROWN DOWN CARDS HERE!
HAPPY STAMPING,
KENDRA

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Fun card, Kendra! I love the little highlight on the balloons--really makes them look REAL!! Thanks for playing again!

Lori said...

So pretty. Very crisp and bright. I'm also really liking that scallop circle punch...not sure how I've gotten by without one for so long!

Broni said...

What a cool, happy card! Great shading on those balloons!! Thanks for playing with us!

Barbara said...

How cool!!! I love those balloons!!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!