Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tutorial: Mini Box with DSP Band





Thank you so much for your patience with me at getting this tutorial up! Many of you know that I came down with the Flu and it's been a rough 2 1/2 weeks...so thanks.



This tutorial will show you how to make these cute boxes, using CS and DSP. These boxes show the bottom of the boxes in Whisper White & Baja Breeze. The DSP (Designer Series Paper) I used is Parisian Breeze.







First star out with a piece of CS (in the color you want for the bottom of your box) cut at 4"x4 1/4". Score it at 1" on all four sides.








The next step you can see I did in the bottom two corners of this picture. Cut off a little bit of CS on your corners.









Next, on the 4 1/4" sides - with your scissors, cut on your score lines (just up to the next score line) to create your flaps. Put mono adhesive or red sticky strip on your flaps.












Put the bottom of your box together. (You could even stamp images on your CS before putting your box together)










The next step I forgot to take pictures of - SORRY! But it's SO simple. Cut a piece of DSP - 8"x2 3/8". (Heavier weight works out better rather than just paper DSP) Then score it @ 2", 3", 5", & 6". This will create your Belly Band for your box. Just use red sticky strip or adhesive to adhere your two flaps togther. When I did this part - I just left it a smidge loose so that the recipiant of my gift box didn't have a hard time getting it on & off. To decorate the tops of my boxes I used the stamp set "Garden Greetings". But DON'T put any of the brads through your DSP. Just use a dimensional or pop up glue dot, otherwise it will make it difficult to slide your belly band on & off. Good Luck & have fun making these cute boxes!
HAPPY STAMPING,
KENDRA


0 comments: