Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday's Spotlight & PPA Challenge...



Halloween Theme - PPA5
Posted: 25 Aug 2009 07:41 AM PDT
This week we have a Theme Challenge. The rules are simple: create a project that best reflects this theme: Halloween! No tricks here... just treats! Get ready to dust off those witches, ghouls, and goblin stamps to play along with the Pals! Once you have finished your project upload it to your blog or public gallery. When uploading to a public gallery please use keyword: PPA5. Use Mr. Linky, found below, to link your projects here. (Please provide a direct link to your challenge post.) We can't wait to check them out! Mr. Linky will close at Noon (CST) on...


So this is my card for this weeks challenge. As you can see in both pictures...it is a ribbon slider card. The set I used was Autumn Harvest and the Designer Paper is Cast A Spell. I Heat Embossed my pumpkins using Black Craft Ink & Glassy Glaze Embossing Powder. I then used my Aqua Painter with bleach to bleach out the pumpkins centers. I then went back in with my Aqua Painter that holds water and used ink on the pumpkins and the leaf. I also used the aqua Painter with the White Craft Pad to add subtle highlights. I crimped the leaf and folded it over alittle for more dimesion. I hope you'll check out other items using this theme by clicking the Halloween Theme -PPA5 link up above and it will link you to the right page.


RIBBON - RIBBON - RIBBON

is our Friday Spotlight!

The following cards as well as the challenge card above all incorporate ribbon. Whether you have a card, scrapbook page, or project...ribbon can be an inexspensive way to add an embellishment and a 3-d effect. Take a look at the samples below and let them inspire you to use ribbon in your paper crafting!





























2 comments:

Pals Paper Arts said...

How fun! I've never seen a ribbon slider card before. Thanks for sharing.

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for playing @ PPA!

Ann Schach said...

How cool is this! I love your ribbon slider card. Thanks for playing @ PPA. Please join us again for next week's challenge.