Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday's Spotlight & PPA Challenge...




I combined a new challenge with Friday's Spotlight.
Today's spotlight features the Trio Flower Punch $15.95.
The following cards all use the Trio Flower Punch, but the first card below is also a new challenge that I'm doing. Every Friday, I will complete the challenge and post it with our spotlight.






So above is my "PALS PAPER ARTS" challenge card. The design team chose an Inspiration Challenge this week. They simply wanted us to use the provided picture from Pottery Barn Kids to inspire our project. So this is what I came up with...and you can find more challenge cards and also the design teams cards HERE. I hope you will take a look at their fun site. Enjoy the other cards below using the Trio Flower Punch...I hope the inspire you to play!

There is something so striking about pink and black together! I used medium rhinestone brads and also, I pulled the rhinestones off of the small brads for the (2) lower flowers on the card so they were more dainty. The swirl stamp is from Priceless, and the sentiment is from Short & Sweet.









This sweet pea baby inspired me when I came across it. Credit goes to Andrea Walford and her sister, Sophie. I added the Baroque Motifs Vine stamp and then added the Trio flowers with blue brads. I completed the card with a sentiment and some handstitching around the edges with my black gel pen. This makes an adorable baby shower card! Sentiment stamp is again from the Short & Sweet set.












This 3x3 card is in Chocolate Chip and Sahara Sand CS. I stamped the image with Sahara Sand Ink and added a sentiment from the Warm Words set and stamped that in Ruby Red Ink. I added (1) flower that I punched from Ruby Red CS and added a center on my flower using my White Gel Pen.









And last, but certainly not least...is an 8x8 scrapbook page. I took the Inspired by nature set and used the grass stamp to create branches on a Christmas tree. I would stamp on and stamp again without re-inking to give me some dimension with the branches. I also used Craft Whisper White ink to stamp my sentiment "Sparkle" from the Warm Words set on the Old Olive strip of CS. I also added some snowflakes to that same strip from the Christmas Post set and used the Versa Mark pad. I punched Flowers out and used my embossing tool to soften the centers and curl the tops upwards. I used small rhinestones that were removed from the brad portion to the centers. I used a paper piercer to punch holes in my paper and put Hemp Twine through the holes and tied very small bows for added decoration on my tree. Photo corner and twine and another flower on the bottom of the page complete my project. The space underneath the Old Olive strip is for journaling your favorite festive memories. I wish I remembered who's site a saw a card using the branches this way and she made a hanging ornament...my memory is so BAD!

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!
KENDRA

5 comments:

Margaret Moody said...

I love the card you created for the Pals Paper Arts inspiration challenge! Love the bright colors!

Ann Schach said...

Great job with the Pals challenge! I love the layout and the colors. You captured the essence of the photo perfectly! Thanks for playing @ PPA, and join us again next week!

Mary Fish said...

Charming, simply and pretty. Thanks for playing the PPA inspiration challenge. Hugs, Mary

Pals Paper Arts said...

Your card fits the inspiration photo to a "t".

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts Design Team, thanks for Playing @ PPA!

Patti MacLeith said...

I can see the inspiration! Very nice. Thanks for playing at PPA.