Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday's Tool, Technique, or Tutorial...

Today I have a Tutorial for you!

These cute gift card holders are so simple, fast and cute. They are great to have on hand for birthdays & thank you gifts. But they would also be perfect for Christmas gift card giving!!! So follow along and make your own. CLICK on any picture to enlarge and see a little bit better!






First I cut my Kraft cardstock 6 5/8" x 4 1/4". (You can get 2 of these from 1 piece of 8 1/2x11" cardstock) Next I scored my cardstock @ 2 3/8" & 4 7/8".





I then stamped my snowflakes in Versa Mark Ink and poured Glassy Glaze over the top of it. I Heat Embossed the powder and let it cool.












In this picture you can see my Embossed Snowflakes.














I then folded my score lines. Next I Scalloped Edge Punched my top (smallest portion scored)










Then on the opposite end I used my Large Oval Punch and punched HALF of an Oval to create an opening where the gift card can be seen.









So this is what your should look like at this point.










Next I took my Sponge and inked up all my edges including the score marks with my Chocolate Chip Ink Pad.









I then took my greeting stamp and stamped that in Ruby Red Ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock.









Next, I punched that out with my Scalloped Oval Punch, which lines up with this particular stamped image.









Next I punched a Wide Oval from Chocolate Chip Cardstock.










I then inked up my scalloped edges around my saying in Chocolate Chip Ink.










I used adhesive to mount my greeting onto the Wide Chocolate Chip Oval.









On the back of that Oval, I put a little Red Sticky Strip Tape right at the top on the back.









I also put red sticky tape on these two side - only to the score line.










Next peel your Red Sticky Tape backing off and close your Cardstock up to create your pocket as seen in this picture.









Then cut a length of 16" of 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon and lay it right under your greeting so that it will wrap around your gift card holder when your done. The Red Sticky Tape will hold it in place!








Next insert your gift card.











Another view of Gift Card.










The other option instead of tying your gift card holder closed is to use self stick velcro pieces to secure your holder as seen in this picture.









Here is another option using ribbon.












I used my Rectangular Slot punch to create to openings to run my 5/8" Grosgrain through to wrap around the front.









If you do your ribbon this way...just make sure to run your ribbon through BEFORE you close up your pocket for your gift card,. The Red Sticky Tape will hold the ribbon in place. ALSO, make sure to use Red Sticky Tape for your image and attach it to the front of the ribbon once you see where your going to tie it closed - just make sure the tape is only on the ribbon so that you can get it untied!





And finally...Here is a view of the three Gift Card holders I made.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will have fun making one of your own!
HAPPY STAMPING,
KENDRA

0 comments: