Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday's Tool, Technique, or Tutorial...

Today I'm going to give you a tutorial on this cute box and valentines that are inside. This would make the perfect gift for a special someone...or a friend for Valentines Day.

Start out with a piece of card stock 9"x 6".
Score on all four sides @ 1".
Then on the 9" side put it through and score it @ 4" & 5".

Your piece should look like this.
With your bone folder, fold on score lines.
Make slits with your scissors as shown in the picture above.

Cut away side strips from the top of the box as seen in the picture above.

Use red sticky tape for adhesive so your box stays together nicely. Put it on the tabs you see above in the picture.

Peel the sticky strip and put your box together.

For the lid of the box I used my Top Note Die and my Big Shot. If you do not have these items...just decorate the top of the box as you desire at this point.

In this picture I am cutting one sheet of Designer Paper (Sending Love from the new mini catalog) and one sheet of SU! Kraft card stock at the same time.

Run it through your machine.
It will cut through two layers just fine as shown above.

You will need to repeat that last step so you have (2) Top Notes cut from the card stock, and (2) cut from the DSP.


You will also need a piece of ribbon approx 11" to 12". You will trim the ends.

Put sticky tape on the middle section of your ribbon so you can adhere to the box. (Sorry - it's a little hard to see in this picture)

Next put glue or adhesive on the card stock Top Note.

Then put the DSP Top Note on top and let dry a few minutes.

Next I failed to take pictures I just realized so let's see if I can explain and you can refer back to the very first or last picture in this post to look at the finished project. Peel the backing off your sticky tape on your ribbon and adhere it to your box. Next glue your two glued Top Note pieces on the top and bottom of your box on top of the ribbon. Decorate the top of your box as you desire. To make the arrow I used another die and the Big Shot - Hearts & Brackets Original Die. I inked up the edges of the hearts and printed out on the computer my "Love Notes" on Very Vanilla CS.


Next cut (3) 3"x 6" cards from Kraft Card Stock so it matches your box. I used the "Animal Crackers" Set for stamping on each of the cards, as well as more of the "Sending Love" DSP, and 1/4" Pink Grosgrain. I distressed the edges of the cards with the Chocolate Chip ink pad.

Put the cards and (3) 3x3 envelopes inside the box for your recipient.

Tie your ribbon once so it's easy to get undone - and that completes your project. Once again...I apologize about the missing photos! Thanks for checking back for the tutorial today & a happy Tuesday to you all!

Kendra


0 comments: