Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday's Spotlight...

Today I wanted to spotlight stenciling. I actually made a stencil using my Big Shot and my Tulip SU! Die and a piece of chipboard. Look at your dies and see which one's you can use to make stencils...and get even more use & diversity out of them. You will need a stencil brush, (a sponge or sponge dauber will work - but with different outcomes) and your choice of ink along with your die cut stencil.


Make sure though when you die cut your stencil to keep your "positive" die cut pieces like the ones in this picture. This way you can use them as elements on other projects like the card below.


I cut a piece of Designer Paper - Bella Bleu, and glued it to the chipboard piece to use on this card. You can paint them, add card stock or designer paper, apply ink with a brayer or sponge, and even glitter!

On this project I only used part of the stencil by running it off my cardstock. On this card you also get a sneek peak at a new product that will be available in the Summer Mini Catalog which begins May 1st...it is called Smooch Spritz. The color I used on the card below is Log Cabin which has a beautiful bronze shimmer to it.



This is a 12x12 very simple scrapbook page. Club members got to make this under 10 minute page and made a technique card for their rings this month.

This is a close-up of the stenciled image that Club Members got to make on their page and technique card. We also used the Spritzer Tool with the Chocolate Chip Marker and the Warm Words set to add a little to the stenciled image.


I hope you have a fabulous weekend and are able to paper craft a little! Make sure to look at your dies to see which ones you can use to cut a stencil.

Thanks for stopping by - Kendra

0 comments: