Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday Share..."I met Shelli Gardner!"

Today I just had to share a special experience I had yesterday. Mary Fish who moved from Wisconsin to here in Tucson, Arizona won a "Workshop of a Lifetime" event with the one and only Co-Founder & CEO of Stampin' Up! - Shelli Gardner. Mary, whom we adopted into our family of Southwest Stampers was gracious enough to invite the Southwest Stampers along with her PALS (downline members) to a small & intimate gathering with Shelli...which I have been looking forward to for over a month since receiving Mary's invite.
We had so much fun listening to Shelli's story and how SU! began, some of the trials they over came with starting a business, how close they were to bankruptcy in 1990, making their very own stamps, and how this business has grown into a worldwide company. It's completely different hearing it straight from her rather than reading it in litature.
One thing I noticed is that what you see is what you get with Shelli. She is warm, enthusiastic, very personable, and genuinly cares about every demonstrator in her Stampin' Up! family. We also enjoyed a Q&A session where we could ask questions and hear her thoughts. Did you know that right now her favorite stamp set is "Friends 24/7", and the color she enjoys using the most right now is "Cherry Cobbler"...one of the newest colors being released in July. I really enjoyed the opportunity to meet and speak with her, and learn more about this wonderful company.
By the way...many of you know my dear hubby Scott and just how funny he can be. Well when I got home he had a smile on his face and asked..."So did it top our wedding day"? He knew how excited I've been for weeks and had been teasing me. But I can't THANK him enough for all the support over the many years I've been with SU and always being my number one fan!
I hope you have a great Sunday & Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers - Kendra

0 comments: