Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday's Technique, Tool, or Tutorial...

Thanks for stoppingby today. Today as I promised...I have the tutorial for the 3x3 Mini Note Card Holder I shared with you on Sunday, and you can view that post & see other projects HERE.

Start with a piece of Card Stock ( On the finished project I used Pear Pizzazz which is a new In Color, but for the tutorial I used Mellow Moss) and cut it 7 1/4"x5 1/2" and score it @ 3 5/8" which is the center.

Next score the bottom @ 3 3/4" and use bone folder on both of your score lines.

Fold in half BACKWORDS (upper picture) and use your paper snips and cut just a hair off in the center, but do not go past your score line. See second picture to get a prospective on what it should like when it is opened. This little snip is just to create a little less bulk in the pocket area for when you close it up.

Place Red Sticky Tape or a really strong permanent adhesive to the sides like shown above (if you are going to use glue...then do the next step first before gluing the pockets). FYI - Red sticky tape is below the score line.

Sponge around the edges of both sides of the project since it will be opened up. I used Early Exspresso ink.

Then adhere pocket by peeling the red sticky tape and folding flaps up.

Use an 1/8 inch hole punch and then add ribbon for closure as seen in picture below.

This is the front and how I decorated it. I added a piece of Marina Mist Card Stock that I ran through the Big Shot with the new Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder. I stamped one of the images from the Friends Never Fade Set in Pear Pizzazz Ink. I then stamped a different image on Whisper White Card Stock in Chocolate Chip and cut it out and used Dimensionals to pop it up on the front. The ribbon I choose to use was the new 1/8" Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon.

For the cards, cut (2) pieces of Card Stock 3"x6" and score @ 3". I decorated the fronts of the cards similar to the front of the card holder, only I used the new Larger Scallop Circle Punch and another image from the same set. I used my Stampin' Write (Brush tip) markers on the image and then stamped it. I also added a stamped image in Pear Pizzazz on the fronts of the envelopes.
THANKS FOR SOPPING BY - Hope your day is terrific!
Kendra

0 comments: