Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday's Technique, Tool, or Tutorial...

TODAY IT'S A TECHNIQUE CALLED - Faux Paper Lantern
DIRECTIONS...

1.Stamp your image onto neutral CS and color in if desired. I used Very Vanilla, and stamped my image in Black StazOn Ink so that way I could use my watercolor pencils.

2. Using a black pen you can make stitch lines around the edges if you'd like, once your image is dry.

3.Run your image/CS through the crimper.

4.Rub a dark ink like Early Espresso over the crimped edges lightly. I took the ink pad directly to the CS using Early Espresso.

5.Finish off your card and embellish. I like the look of a mini blind with this technique...so I seperated my rope cording (on the clearance rack) and used thinner pieces of it to make it look like a window blind.

2 comments:

Nana Donna said...

Thanks Kendra, what a neat idea I am going to have to try this.
Donna

Kendra Richardson said...

It's super easy, but really neat - Have fun!