Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tuesday's Technique, Tool, or Tutorial...

Today I have a Christmas card to share with you which involves a TECHNIQUE & some TOOLS:
Watercoloring can be very rewarding. With just a few tools and a good technique...you can create a masterpiece. My tools are our SU Watercolor Paper which I LOVE using. My other tools are Watercolor Pencils, Black StaZon Pad, & an Aqua Painter. These along with a good technique for watercoloring will bring the highest quality of outcome to your project.

(2) WATERCOLORING TECHNIQUE TIPS:

  1. When I use my Watercolor Pencils (above card), I like to outline my stamped image areas with the pencil and then with my Aqua Painter barely wet, I work on the lightest color to the darkest and I let the areas have time to dry before going on to the next, so that the colors won't bleed into each other.
  2. When I use my Aqua Painter with Watercolor Crayons or Ink Pads...I ALWAYS wet the watercolor paper with my Aqu Painter a bit before applying the color & I always let the areas dry before going on to the next to avoid the colors bleeding.

WATERCOLOR PENCILS

#101879

$19.95

BLACK STAZON INK PAD

#101406

$7.95


AQUA PAINTERS

#103954

$16.95 (2)


WATERCOLOR PAPER

#105019

$6.95

0 comments: