Friday, February 18, 2011

FRIDAY'S SPOTLIGHT: Inlaid Embossing

Today I have the "Inlaid Embossing" technique I promised you. Above is a picture of the card I posted on Monday that features this technique.
Below you will find a picture tutorial and instructions on how to achieve this great look...and the best thing about it is that it's SUPER EASY!
1. First using your punches...punch a bunch of different sized items. On the picture above I used circles. In this tutorial I used circles and stars.
2. Starting with your largest sized punched item, adhere your pieces with a glue stick. Make sure to have some coming off your card stock.
3. In this picture I still have my smallest circles to glue onto the card stock.
4. Here everything is glued on. Make sure to let it dry before going onto this next step.
5. Trim all the "hanging over" excess around your card stock.
6. Decide what Textured Embossing Folder you'd like to use and slip your card stock inside it.
7. Run it through the Big Shot.
8. Remove your image and at this point you can sponge and ink the edges if you'd like & add it to your project.
9. This was my club members Technique Card this month.
Girly Birthday Card
Close up of Inlaid Embossing.
Boy Congratulations Card
Close up on Embellishments
Close up on Inlaid Embossing Technique. Like I said - it's SUPER EASY and a GREAT textured look to add to your next card, page, or project.
Thanks for checking back today - have fun trying this out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kendra! What a fab blog! Ive learned something today- never seen 'inlaid embossing' before. Lovely cards too. Thanks for your lovely comments too. I'll be checking back here too!! x

Kendra Richardson said...

Thanks Keren!