Friday, May 11, 2012

So I've been AWOL for several weeks. I just got back this week from visiting my parents in Idaho and spending some one on one time with them. One of the things my mom was most excited about was me helping her change her office/sewing/craft/stamping room around. I wanted to share the end result pictures with you (I wish I had taken before pictures so you could have seen the difference)...but I can tell you it is SUPER functional now, everything has a place and she has easy access to everything in the room.
I think for me, when you set up your crafting zone and if it's a shared space, you need to have "zones" that really work for you and with each other. So below you will see what we did.


 This first picture is of her odds and ends craft supply and her computer work station.
This round table we found at a thrift store for $25.00 - it's so well made and will be perfect for when she's working on a large project and needs extra space or for when she has friends over stamp.
 I LOVE her picture windows which over looks there land. It's just beautiful and you can see wildlife all the time. They also allow lots of natural light which is great to work in.
 This is her stamping area and entertainment area.
 Her Stampin' Up! supplies, her ribbon storage, and some items for inspiriation.
 This is her Big Shot, gift wrapping, and paper storage center.
 We moved her sewing area into the other side of the room. The room was originally my Nana's when she lived with them before she passed. They added it on so she would have her own suite with a room and living area...hence the seperation walls/curtains.
 The bedroom area for when family and friends come to stay. With ten children and 21 grandchildren and with (3) more due this summer...it's nice to know they ALWAYS have extra spare rooms for all of us to be there under one roof at the same time.

I hope this room inspires you to think about your crafting space and to re-evaluate if it's truly working and functioning for you...because if your unhappy in it...you really won't want to create in it!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet your Mom is pleased with the results , glad you have had a good time, its so nice to spend quality time with family Kendra. Take Care Hugs Elaine