Tuesday, March 4, 2008

SOME STAMPING FUN!

I got home from work and felt like stamping a card this morning. I just got a new set from the Ocassions Mini Catalog - which sale started the first of March. This set is called "Friendly Flowers". I LOVE this set! I made this card using a 6x6 card cut from Chocolate Chip CS. Then I used the "Carousel Note Cards" (Cut in half to last longer), the "Afternoon Tea" DS paper, and the "Chocolate Chip Poly Twill Ribbon", all from the Ocassions Mini catalog. This has quickly become one of my favorite sets and is terrific to use with your scallop and circle puches. I love the color combination on this card as well. I quickly had to make a scrapbook page with this set when I started using it. The size of the flower stamps and the scallop note cards I new would make a great page. I can't show you yet - because I'm using it in my scrapbook club this month. I'll post it later. For now though, I'll let you see the other pages, cards and projects I demonstrated.

First is a page and card using the "Unfrogettable" set. Another favorite of mine! The picture doesn't do the page justice. I love the color cobo on this too! It's So Saffron, Mellow Moss, Ruby Red, and Saraha Sand. I wheeled the grass along the bottom, and then cut it and curled it a little, so it would look real. The card was thi inspiration for the page. The next one is a card using The celebration set called "So Many Scallops" - A MUST HAVE ITEM! I used it on a baby invitation and used Pretty in Pink CS and a cloud stencil made from chipboard. I also used the Nursery Necessities stamp set and Certainly Celery CS. Ribbon & button was from Walmart. I also used the Nursery Necessities stamp set to make a scrapbook page for my group. It is a page for a baby boy to announce his delivery. In the pocket is a card that the mom can write down all the important information such as time, date, weight, length & hospital. I love how the new star punch can punch out the star stamp in this set perfectly!
The next page was the Make-N-Take page that the girls in my scrapbook club got to make this month. It used a rub on flower and the celebration set "Friendship Blooms". The colors were Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, and Rose red CS. This was a difficult color combination for me until I got a package of the new Berry Bliss DS paper and opened it up. It made me want to play with those colors and this is the second page I made with this color combo. The last two pictures are of projects. The first is a Coaster Memo Pad using Chilie's coasters, Ginger Blossom DS Paper, and a giant paper clip. I also used the "A Beautiful thing" stamp set for this to stamp the post it notes. The second is a "Peek-A-Boo" box that I came across the pattern on Splitcoast Stampers - LOVE all those crafty ladies on there. They have terrific ideas. This one comes from Qbee and you can find the pattern at this link: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7329573 Her halloween boxes were so cute! My gals made these using the 5 petal punch and I showed them how to use a glue dot on top of a brad and dip it into glitter to make the center of the flower. For time sake, our's are very simple. But make sure to check out her site on Splitcoast. Well I have a sick daughter home from school today, and I'd better go check on her. Have a fun day and remember to stop and stamp something today!

0 comments: