Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Color Throw Down Challenge Card









I LOVED this weeks color challenge colors! I took my cue from the circles in their photo and implemented them into my card because I liked them so much.
ITEMS I USED...
Card Stock: Green Galore, Pink Passion, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink Pads: Black StaZon, Green Galore, Pink Passion, Yo Yo Yellow, Pretty In Pink, & Chocolate Chip.
Punches: Scallop Oval, Large Oval, 1", 3/4", & 1/2" Circle Punches.
Other: Stapler, Dimensionals, Aqua Painter, Soft Subtle Brads, 5/8" Regal Rose Grosgrain, Sponge Dauber.


I made a pull out card for challenge card. I lined up the Scallop Oval punch/saying with the scallop Oval Punch opening on the Chocolate Chip CS. I ran the ribbon along the inside of the card by using my exacto knife to cut a slit for it. Then used Red Sticky Tape to adhere together.






I water colored the cupcake from the Crazy For Cupcakes Set I used. I also used a piece of ribbon for a pull tab behind the greeting to make it easier to pull in & out.

HAPPY STAMPING,
KENDRA


5 comments:

Barbara said...

Really cute, Kendra! How cool that you got inspiration from our swatch!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you again next time!

Caro's Kaartjes said...

Fun card!

Kathryn said...

So very CREATIVE -- LOVE this idea-- very pretty card! ;)

~Lori Roop said...

What a great design! Fabulous work!

LeAnne said...

Very clever pull-out card! Love it and the fact that you used the banner as your inspiration! Good choice!