Wednesday, June 17, 2009

GRADUATION TREE...



So last night at Scrapbook Club, I told several of you that I had posted my "Graduation Tree" ideas last month and that they would be under the May Archives...that is not the case. I failed to post them last month and thought I'd share this months and last months in the same post!






This month I wanted to display Fourth of July items since the Fourth is so early in the month! I used paper towel tubes again for my "Firecrackers". I also punched out stars and stamped some images. I also had on hand some scrapbook paper that I got at the store in town a couple of years back and used to decorate (wrap) candles in...so I used some of that as well. I wrapped the bottom of the tree in some festive paper, and added alot of red, white and blue bows!











Completed Tree!









Here are pictures of my "Graduation Tree" on here under the Archives in May. When I got on today, I realized I never posted these...chalk it up to a very hectic and busy month! But I did want to share with you this idea. My sweet hubby went out into the wash (riverbed) and cut me a nice looking branch. I then took an empty can that used to hold instant potato flakes, and put oasis and some rocks/pebbles in the bottom to hold my branch in place. (I thought I had plaster that I could set it up in, but didn't).




I use this tree every month to decorate it up for holidays or themes; birthday's, Christmas, Valentines Day, Spring, Easter, Graduation, and this month I have it decorated for Fourth of July.

For Graduation I wanted to do something nice on it as we prepared and looked forward to our daughters graduation. I rolled up paper to look like diplomas.









I also cut and covered paper towel tubes in black CS to make Caps. I put tassles on them and a little "Congrats Grad" silver confetti that I punched a hole in and hung with the tassel.

0 comments: