Saturday, March 14, 2009

PLAYING CATCH UP ON THIS WEEKS POSTS...

I missed this weeks posts. I have had a nasty bout with Bronchitis and have been in bed! So I'm now playing catch up for the week.
SO HERE ARE THE COLOR THROW DOWN CHALLENGE, TECHNIQUE OF THE WEEK, AND SET SPOTLIGHT FOR YOU.




TUESDAY'S TOOL OR TECHNIQUE...


This past week I wanted to highlight a technique that I love doing...Watercoloring! I enjoy water coloring and the many effects you can acheive with it. Here is a short video that will introduce you to watercoloring or give you experienced watercolors some helpful hints. Enjoy!





Some Sample Cards using the Water Coloring Technique...




















































COLOR THROW DOWN CHALLENGE...










This weeks color throw down challenge was difficult for me because of having to pair up the Tempting Turqoise with the Elegant Eggplant and the green I chose, Cetainly Celery. I'll be honest...I love Tempting Turqoise, but it's not a color I use often. I hope you like what I came up with.












The set I used is "Seeing Spots" on page 108 in the catalog and sales for $16.95. It is a very versitile stamp set and I have enjoyed using it over the years. The papers I used were; Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turqoise, and Whisper White. The Inks I used were; Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, and Tempting Turqoise. Accessories; 1/4" White Grosgrain Ribbon, Ice Circle Rhinestone Brads, Mat Pack & Paper Peircer, Distressor Tool from the Cutter Kit.



FRIDAY'S "STAMP SET" SPOTLIGHT...









This weeks Spotlighted Set is called - "Bitty Birthday" and can be found on page 39 in the catalog. It is a set of (4) stamps and sales for $12.95. This was a fun set to crank out about 35 birthday cards for our teachers at church. My friend Sheila came over and we had them all done in about an hour and a half!













































3 comments:

Barbara said...

Your Color Throwdown card is fabulous! Love how you echoed the circles in your paper and your image. Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you again next time!

dpkennedy said...

Love your simple Color Throwdown card! Very pretty! Thanks for playing the CTD!

LeAnne said...

Cute card for the throwdown challenge-I haven't used that stamp set for a while, you've inspired me to get it out!