Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday's tool, Technique, or Tutorial...

Today it's a Tutorial: Sour Cream Container





So I want to teach you how to make this very cute and easy "Sour Cream Container". So follow along below and we'll work together!











For this project - I am using Designer Paper "Night & Day" Specialty #116768 - $11.95.
I am specifically using the clear transparancy sheet with black polka dots. But you can use just regular Designer Paper...I just thought it would be cute "see thru".
Cut your paper - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".











This is my piece of transparent or see thru DSP with black polka dots. I put a white piece of paper behind it so you could see it. (It was hard to see in the pictures on my black mat on my desk)












Put Red sticky Strip Tape just like here in this picture...do not peel any of them yet!














Okay...now peel the red backing off the longest piece of tape (it's along the whole edge of one side)













Roll it very carefully into a tube...kinda like a the brown part of the toilet paper tube.












Next peel one of the other ends of sticky tape and press it tightly.















Press tightly so that the end stays adhered together.













If you use regular Designer Paper or Cardstock, this is the next step...use your crimper to slightly crimp the edge. This will not show up in the next pictures due to the transparency being to thick. But it really adds a lot to regular cardstock or designer paper when you add this step in!!! I also did it on mine just to secure a tight seel even though it does not show up.










Next add your candy, treat, toy, or surprise. Now, just remember that if you use cardstock or DSP...your treat, coupon, or candy will not show thru.












Then remove the red backing from the last sticky strip piece at the other the top & press the ends together in the opposite direction as the bottom!

(Look at the very last picture to see what I'm talking about)











Next stamp an image or greeting. I stamped a greeting from the "Grateful Greetings" set in the Mini Catalog. #116511 $36.95 and punched it out using the 1 3/8" Circle Punch.I then punched a Scallop Circle from the "Cast A Spell"
DSP #115677 $9.95 to back my greeting. I adhered those to each other with snail adhesive.









I then punched a hole using my Crop-A-Dile (the smallest hole punch) in the top of my container. I also punched a hole in my tag.










I then cut some Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon #109030 $4.95, and threaded it thru my container and also thru my tag and I tied a bow. Your project is now complete! Simple, easy, and cute! You could also add shredded paper & a black spider ring if you wanted to add something else since your project is "see thru". These make terrific party favors!

HAVE FUN COMING UP WITH ALL SORTS OF GREAT IDEAS USING THIS BASIC TUTORIAL!
Kendra

0 comments: