Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Color Throw Down Challenge Card


Hi there stampers,
Todays Color Throw Down Challenge Card was so fun to make. I really like this color combination! So the stamps I used today are the Medallion background stamp, Short & Sweet, and Upsy Daisy. I used a technique called stamp off...stamp on, so I inked my Upsy Daisy stamp with the first color, Crushed Curry, and stamped off very lightly on scratch paper and then stamped it on my CS. Then I repeated with the Melon Mambo ink. I heat embossed the medallion with clear embossing powder. The Strip of crushed curry was achieved by using my Scallop Edge Punch on both sides of a 3/4" strip.
ENJOY & HAPPY STAMPING,
KENDRA
P.S. Don't forget to look at other fabulous cards using this same color combo HERE. I have taken a peek at a few and they are great!

8 comments:

Broni said...

LOVE your combination of stamps and how you used the colors!! I must have that medallion stamp!! Thanks for playing along with us again this week!

LeAnne said...

Yeah, that medallion stamp is on my next order too! Great use of the colors, very cool little strip you made there!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love the brads and your medallion stamp is YUMMY!!! Wonderful job on the color throwdown challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Sylvia said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for playing! Come back again to the Color Throwdown Challenge.

Debbie Corbari said...

cool card!

Barbara said...

Love how you used the colors!!! Great choice of stamps, too! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful design! I just LOVE those silhouette flowers! The medallion is lovely in the background, too! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Cathy Rulli said...

Very pretty - thanks for playing!