Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday's Tool or Technique...




Tutorial: Smakin' Acetate Technique

On Sunday I told you that I'd share the technique that I used on my Sunday Share Card & Tag. It is called Smakin' Acetate, and is really simple to do - so have fun and play!







You will need the following supplies;
A piece of Acetate or a Window Sheet
Water Bottle
Stampin' Write Markers
Stamp Set (your choice)
Black StazOn Ink Pad
Whisper White Cardstock (you can also use watercolor paper)





I have a piece of white copy paper underneath my window sheet that I wrote on for the purpose of this tutorial.
Take your markers to the Window Sheet or the Acetate. I started with my Rose Red marker.







Then I went back with my So Saffron marker, not overlapping the Rose Red...but getting close.






I then went back with my Ballet Blue marker.










Next...mist your Window Sheet or Acetate so that the colors start to mix slightly or run into each other. (you do not want big pools of water, but rather mist lightly until you achieve the desired consistancy.







This is what your misted markers should look like on your window sheets.








Place a piece of Whisper White CS (cardstock) over the Window Sheet or Acetate.










Gently press all over with your hands.










I was able to get (2) sheets of Whisper White CS from one misted Window Sheet. (one is more vibrant and the other more muted) Let dry.








After it is completely dry...cut a small piece to fit your project and use a stamp set of your choice, your black StazOn Ink Pad, and stamp your Whisper White CS.









This is my finished card. (It is 5x5") This is a great way to make your own background paper and it is a quick and fun technique!
NOTE: If you use Watercolor paper...your stamped image won't be as vibrant and clear as it would be on Whisper White CS.








These are my Sunday Shares based on last Saturday's Page Maps. For the card & tag I used this same technique, but the markers I used were Mellow Moss, Brocade Blue, and Barely banana. I also spaced my markers out more on my Window Sheet for a more splotchy look. Have fun playing and creating and trying this technique!
HAPPY STAMPING,
KENDRA

0 comments: