Friday, April 24, 2009

April Club Demonstrations...


Hi Stampers!
Here are the items I demonstrated this month in our club meetings, we missed a few of you this month, and also wanted to share with you what we did. CLICK on any of the pictures to get a close up!
This is a picture of this months gift that each club member received.
I used the Boho Backgrounds Set, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Teal Ribbon, and and a Ribbon Slide.







I demonstrated this card in both groups -
This card was made using the Soft Summer Set from the current mini catalog. I embossed directly on the card with White Embossing Powder and the White Craft Pad. I applied pastel chalks directly to the embossed image. After the chalk was applied, I ran my Adhesive Remover over the top to lighten the chalks for a soft effect. I used the new Scallop Oval Punch and the Large Oval Punch for our greeting. The final touch was a piece of Pink Pirouette Striped Grosgrain Ribbon.



I demonstrated this page in both groups -
This was a fun page to make! I took a 12x12 piece of Kraft CS and on the bottom I ran the Jumbo Wheel "Friendly Words" across it in Chocolate Chip. Then I applied strips of paper from the the Designer Series Specialty - Parisian Breeze, adding a piece of 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon. (It's such a beautiful paper!) Then on the top I used the set Baroque Motifs and stamped the flourish in Chocolate Chip Ink. I then cut a circle out of another piece of Parisian Breeze DSP. Then I cut a smaller circle out of the larger one leaving me with just an outline of the circle. I used a piece of Baja Breeze CS for my mat and also cut a smaller circle for my journaling spot. (Half of the circle is under the mat. You could cut the circle in half and line it up directly on the side of your mat if you wish. I di not because I used the Cutter Kit to distress the edges of my mat and the were not straight, so I used the whole circle. I then stamped the "Cherished" in Baja Breeze Ink. Finally I added a small embillishment on the bottom. I used a stamp image from the Baroque Motifs set again and stamped it on Vanilla in Chocolate Chip Ink. I sponged the sides of it and the four sides of my 12x12 piece. I then backed it on another small piece of the Parisian Breeze DSP and took a small piece of Chocolate Chip CS and used the Spiral Punch to add another element to the back of this piece. A half back pearl from the Pretties Kit was used in the center of this embellishment to finish the page.





I demonstrated how to make a Box In A Bag to both groups -

I used the Sunshine Garden Scrapbook Kit for it. I have posted the step by step tutorial on the blog so you could all see how to make this again.










I showed these to both groups -
I did not demonstrate these, I just shared these. Also out of the Sunshine Garden Scrapbook Kit I used papers and stickers to cover some medium sized clothespins I bought at Michaels.











These are great for holding cards, notes, or reminders!











I demonstrated this page for the Scrapbook Club -

This is a "No-Stamp Five Minute Page". Everything I used came from the Sunshine Garden Scrapbook Kit except for the 5/8" vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon and the dimensionals.







This is a close up so you can see the layered centers of the flowers. Just use dimesionals or pop-up glue dots to achieve this.











This was the card that the Card & Project Club made for their Make-N-Take this month -

We used the Cheep Talk set, So saffron DSP, Earth Element Brads, Flower Brads, and the 1" Circle Punch. This idea came directly from my upline and friend, Sue Brown. Thanks Sue!









This is the inside of the card. The two scallops are held together with a brad so that it just twists open!








This was the Make-N-Take 12x12 page for the Scrapbook Club members -

I wanted to stick with the same idea as above, so we made a page that hid the journaling area so special notes could be written and hidden! We used the Cheep Talk Set & Good Morning Sunshine & So Saffron DSP.










This is a close up of the front of the journaling area.









And this picture shows the front flipped to gain access to the journaling area.




HAPPY STAMPING,
KENDRA










0 comments: