Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Color Throw Down Challenge Card

Okay, it's now been eight weeks since my first Color Throw Down Card! I can't believe it. I have found myself wondering the night before what color combinations they are going to use, on more than one occassion I have thought about checking the site at midnight to see if the new colors have been posted, and I have enjoyed using color combinations that I may not have used otherwise. This is a great way to get you out of your comfort zone and can be a great way to inspire you out of a downward spiral of crafters bock! I hope you take the challenge this week and participate. Even if you don't have the exact colors...make a card using what you have! Below is my challenge card - I hope it inspires you to pull out your stamps and play!
Sets: Petal Pizazz #113417 & Really Retro #113754.

Wheel: Daisy Dash Jumbo Wheel #111255
Inks: Barely Banana # 101170, Basic Black #101179, & Real Red #103133
CS: Textured Barely Banana #108695, Basic Black #102851, Whisper White #100730, Real Red # 102482
DSP: Sweet Slumber Specialty #114037
Accessories: 5/8" Real red Grosgrain Ribbon #109052, Dimensionals #104430, Sponges #101610, Mat Pack # 105826, Corner Rounder Punch # 109047, Circle Fire Brads #109110, Stapler

This is a close up so you can see that I took the rhinestone gem out of the brad. I just wanted to use the gem itself on this card.

I just used a regular old stapler to add this element to my card. So have you been inspired? Check out all the other cards that have been uploaded for this challenge at this LINK. I hope you will go pull out your stamps and play, and have some FUN!

HAPPY STAMPING,
KENDRA

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Well, isn't this cute..just how did you get the rhinestone OUT of the brad? (I could probably try it myself!) Very sweet card and layout!
LeAnne

Tammy Hershberger said...

How cute! I love your sweet little flower... it looks very mod! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Cathy Rulli said...

Such a cute card! Thanks so much for playing!

Debbie Corbari said...

ADORABLE card!!!